Job Description : Will be responsible for :
- Manage and assist all activities involving component obsolescence and life cycle, including identifying of alternative parts and recommend solutions.
- Populate parametric data in the global electronic component database.
- Create parts numbers and procurement specs and drawings for electrical component.
- Reviews all requests for components to assure that a current part can satisfy the requirements (FFF) and standardized descriptions for all new and legacy parts.
- Maintain all global electronic components database activity (Obsolescence, PCN, ECAD, AVL & PLM).
- Communicate with suppliers & global located electrical engineers in relative to any components questions or issues.
- Assist design engineers in the selection of part that best fit their requirement.
- Participates in design review for the purpose of component selection & Standardization.
- Initiates ECR/ECO (Engineering Orders) written against component and specifications in PLMs.
- Knowledge on Value engineering (Cost Reduction) & Cost Analysis for component used and selected for new programs.
- Risk Management, Alert of Obsolete or Change of Cost Effectively because of EOL or PCN notice.
- Reports status of work in process as required by supervisor.
Job Specification, should be experienced in :
- Strong knowledge on Electronic part Management, Obsolescence Management, Environment compliance (WEEE, RoHS, REACH & Conflict Material).
- Experience in anyone of Industry like Military, Medical and commercial electronics including a broad range of electronic components and related parts specification & Standards.
- Working knowledge of all electronic component types Computer Aided Design (CAD) Experience. (Altium or Cadence)
- Knowledge on Product Change notice (PCN), Product Discontinuation Notice (PDN) & Engineering Change Orders (ECOs)
- Ability to multitask and strong organization skills.
- Excellent written & communication skills required.
- Proficiency on MS Excel & MS Access for database management.